
Low on the horizon, only a sliver of light
painting the sky in tones of black and whitethe city apparently fast asleep at first sight
the cobbled stones silent witnesses to my plight,
Echoing the emptiness I feel tonight
Searching for you, always just out of reach,
I ask myself: "Is feeling lost only just a figure of speech?"
Or am I simply driftwood on a deserted beach
rejected by the sea like an empty bottle of liquid bleach?
Admitting to the deep-set burning desire
that could so easily simply mis-fire
ready to explode like artillery fire
my sanity balancing on a high-strung wire
Oh sickle moon, without any offence,
Disregarding all disciplne and commonsense
help me find an effective self-defense
for my mental healing to commence
the quest for understanding is immense.
rejected by the sea like an empty bottle of liquid bleach?
Admitting to the deep-set burning desire
that could so easily simply mis-fire
ready to explode like artillery fire
my sanity balancing on a high-strung wire
Oh sickle moon, without any offence,
Disregarding all disciplne and commonsense
help me find an effective self-defense
for my mental healing to commence
the quest for understanding is immense.
wow these poems are great! did u write them?
ReplyDeletevisit my blog at ♫ http://cherryredroxy.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeletei love writing poems
Thanks for the comments anonymous. Yes, I wrote the poems which have my name, Tisha.
ReplyDelete